Full WordPress Website Design & Development Proposal
Includes full ownership and the use of a fully responsive (mobile friendly) template, access
to template updates, full design and full development of one wordpress website with the following specifications and number of pages, products, and features indicated on your invoice.
|Breakdown of Development Stages|
|1. Initial server setup, theme setup, and initial mockup layouts|
|2. Client provides content & images for all pages|
|3. Homepage mockup is sent and revisions are made per client request|
|4. Interior page initial layouts are created & revisions are made per client request|
|5. Final Review of Site, Client Q&A, User Login and Training Videos Sent Upon Completion|
|Page Designs & Layout||
Custom WordPress Design & Development
• Install and configure the WordPress software on client’s domain OR development site if needed.
•Theme installation and configuration of the template to suit your design needs.
• Integration of plugins that will improve the functionality of the site.
|Homepage Design/Layout (design dictates design style of entire site)||
• Customized WordPress design & layout.
• Custom Header and Footer which displays dynamically throughout the site. Sticky header for improved site navigation.
|UI/UX Focused Design & Development||
• Strong usability intuition, combined with fast prototyping, to create the best user experience.
• Pages and workflows that engage users and are immediately understandable for them to use.
• Product vision and functional specifications that craft a design vision to bring them to life.
• Clean and modern layout practices to best suit your business needs.
|Heavy focus on Marketing and Click Through||• Place heavy emphasis on driving people to engage on the site through forms, comments, and subscribe boxes.||✔ Included|
|1 Custom Form with up to 10 fields||
• Forms submissions are managed through backend and emailed to admin
• Easily print and annotate submissions
|Blog integration||Create a responsive blog page design (Counts as one page)||✔ Included|
Mobile Platforms Supported – iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Samsung Etc.
• Google Mobile Compatible
• Advanced styling and branding control
• Multi-level navigation menus
• Threaded comments, inline replies
• Social network sharing
Increased Website Protection
• Scan your site for viruses
• Ban troublesome bots and other hosts
• Prevent brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts
• Strengthen server security
• Enforce strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role
|On Site Optimization||
We consider following factors while optimizing title tags for a Webpage and help you optimize your content if it is lacking in keywords
• Title tag
• Meta tag
|Tutorial Videos||How to access your site and add/manage content as well as custom training videos are available for the first month after launching your site. Additional help and training after the initial 1 month period is available at our hourly rate.||✔ Included|
Additional Recommended Options
|Google Analytics setup and monthly report sent automatically for 6 months.||Track visitors, locations, and referral sources||$45 one time payment.|
|Cloudflare & SSL Certificate Set up||Increase your website’s speed, security, and SEO ranking with Cloudflare and a free SSL certificate. Your site will also indicate it’s SSL certificate with a green lock which can improve customer confidence in your site.||$45 one time payment.|
|Monthly Management||3 hours of website updates, customizations, and management per month to keep site up to date and perform any other requested changes to the site.||$100/month|
Understanding how we work and what is included in your website package is important for both client and developer. Please read through the below information carefully and ask questions if anything confuses or concerns you! We are very flexible on our policies, but ask that you work with us to keep your project moving forward.
- HOSTING: You will purchase hosting & a domain name if not already owned. Your login information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend going with Siteground for both your hosting and domain name. If you aren’t sure, ask us first and we will help you get the best options!. To sign up just click here to go right to the sign-up page. Their basic package is only $3.95/month.
- MOCKUP: MDM will submit a homepage mockup to you for approval to make sure you are happy with the design direction. This mockup will be rough, have placeholder text, images, and content in order to give an approximation of what your website will look like and make sure that you are happy with the design direction. You can provide us with feedback on color, location, and layout at this time, we just request that you do so with the understanding that the mockup is just a rough draft (a starting point), not a final product.
- CONTENT: MDM does not create, edit, or proofread your content. You, the client, are responsible to provide us with text, images, videos, and any other media that you would like on your website. We will begin work with filler content and sample layouts to help you get a better grasp of what needs to be written and what images you need to provide. When we pick images for your site we use free stock photos and try to select ones that work best for the space. If you don’t like the images we select we are happy to swap them out with images you provide.
- CUSTOMIZATION: We use premium WordPress templates to create our websites. We do not do completely custom designs, therefore we do as much customization as possible, but there can be limitations to what customizations we will be able to do for you. If you request something outside of the templates capabilities we will do our best to add a custom feature for you at an additional cost.
- DEVELOPMENT: Development begins after you have submitted your content, approved the mockup, and provided us with all requested information. It can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks depending on the scope of your project.
- REVISIONS: Once development is complete we will send you a link or login information to look over your website. At this point the website is still rough, and we will collaborate with you on revisions to polish everything up. Revisions are limited to 3-4 rounds. Excessive revision requests will be billed at our hourly rate. We ask that you submit your revisions via email or word document in a list format. Feedback is extremely important in this phase. We ask that you submit all revision requests via email, freedcamp, or word document in a list format only.
- MEETINGS: Most projects include 1 preliminary meeting and a skype meeting near the end of the project to finalize a few changes. We include two 1 hour skype meetings in your project. Any additional meetings for training or any other reason will be billed at our regular hourly rate. Please note, we do not accept calls to review your site or make revision requests. All change requests must be emailed in a clearly organized bullet list format. This helps us keep your requests organized so that we can best use the time budgeted for your project.
- SUPPORT AFTER LAUNCH: After your website has been launched MDM provides a four week warranty period where we will repair any defects found in the site. This does not include changes to content, design, or imagery, but is limited only to defective works.
A 50% deposit is required at the beginning of all projects. You agree to make payment for the project in full along with any agreed upon additions before the site goes live. If payment is not made in full we are under no obligation to launch your site and we will maintain ownership of our work until payment has been made. Payment can be made by check, Venmo @thewaughs, Zelle Fast Pay, bank transfer (1% service fee applies), or credit card (2.7% service fee applies). If you choose to pay by check please let us know your deposit is on it’s way so we can get started on your project.
All MDM sites include a small “Site by MDM” in the footer by default. You are not required to keep this if you do not want it! Please let us know if you would like it removed.
WEBSITE RANKINGS & LOSS
MDM is in no way responsible or liable for your website’s rankings on google or any other search engine. We build our websites to the best possible standards but your sites ranking is out of our control. Loss or damages due rankings are the sole responsibility of the client. If you are replacing an existing website we will redirect previous URL’s and do everything in our power to make sure your ranking is not affected. By signing this contract you accept and understand the risks of this kind of update.
CLIENT RESPONSIVENESS & PROVISION OF REQUESTED MATERIALS
Communication is extremely important in order to complete your project in a timely manner. You, the client, agree to provide all relevant content to the project in a a reasonable amount of time. For most projects this is a 1-2 week period from the start of the project. A lapse in communication or failure to provide requested content or feedback for more than 1 month will automatically incur a delay of project fee of 10% of your project total. We make space in our project schedule for your website at the time we receive your signed contract and ask that you make every effort to provide us with the resources we need to get your project done on schedule. Furthermore, if your project is delayed due to failure to provide content and updates to already submitted content are required, such as an office move requiring a change of address on the site or updated staff members, these changes will be billed at our regular hourly rate. This applies to revised content that would not otherwise have been available if your project was completed without delays.
SECURITY, CHANGES TO WEBSITE AFTER LAUNCH, & UPTIME
We build your website using certain theme templates/Theme Frameworks that work consistently with the WordPress frameworks and, as such, cannot and will not guarantee that should you wish to change the theme or the templates to another system (whether WordPress or not) , that the contents of the website we build for you will be transferable in its entirety. Should you enter into a maintenance contract with us we will keep the site up to date with plugins, security measures and ‘latest’ versions. Due to the very nature of the web and hosting, we cannot guarantee 100% uptime or ultimate protection from criminal elements that may want to hack your site. Should you not enter into a contract with us to maintain your website we are happy to teach you how to maintain and update your site yourself. Should you break your own website in any way, we will be happy to help you repair it at our hourly rate of ($45/hour).
At the time of your websites completion it will be fully up to date with all current software. Future updates are client responsibility, including any costs associated with updating plugins and themes, and should be handled by a trained web developer. Keeping your website up to date is extremely important for security purposes. Outdated software on your server can lead to malware and other security problems. We are happy to help keep your site up to date with regular maintenance. If you choose to update or manage your website yourself any subsequent damages are not the responsibility of MDM. All updates should be handled with caution, and your website should ALWAYS be backed up before making any major updates. If you have questions about updates please speak with us.
We’ll carry out our work in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified person with relevant experience. That said, we can’t guarantee that our work will be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if you’ve advised us of them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Just to be clear, “Intellectual property rights” means all patents, rights to inventions, copyright (including rights in software) and related rights, trademarks, service marks, get up and trade names, internet domain names, rights to goodwill or to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (or rights to apply) for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or shall subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
First, you guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by your good selves, or that you’ve permission to use them. When you provide text, images or other artwork to us, you agree to protect us from any claim by a third party that we’re using their intellectual property.
We guarantee that all elements of the work we deliver to you are either owned by us or we’ve obtained permission to provide them to you. When we provide text, images or other artwork to you. Provided you’ve paid for the work and that this contract hasn’t been terminated, we’ll assign all intellectual property rights to you as follows:
You’ll own the website we design for you plus the visual elements that we create for it. You own all intellectual property rights of text, images, site specification and data you provided, unless someone else owns them.
DISPLAYING OUR WORK
We love to show off our work, so we reserve the right to display all aspects of our creative work, including sketches, work-in-progress designs and the completed project on our portfolio and in articles on websites, in magazine articles and in books.
Just like a parking ticket, neither of us can transfer this contract to anyone else without the other’s permission.
We both agree that we’ll adhere to all relevant laws and regulations in relation to our activities under this contract and not cause the other to breach any relevant laws or regulations.
This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this contract becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place.